How should I record training for my staff?
Whether you have external courses or qualifications that you need your employees to undertake or whether you take the time to run great internal training and coaching, it is important to record the training each employee undertakes.
- This information can be used at reviews and appraisals. Sometimes your employees may forget what you are investing in them and what they have learnt!
- There is a cost to manage for training and so you can keep accurate records of what you are investing in your employees.
- For more formal qualifications then there may be training agreements in place for you to claw back costs if an employee leaves within a certain timescale, accurate records ensure you can process any such claims.
For any Manager looking to manage performance there is inevitably skills gaps to be addressed and so understanding how to write and use training plans is a great way of developing and retaining great team members.
We work with a range of businesses from 1 employee upwards and give guidance and support and how to get the best from their employees. If this is used with accurate training records this can be a powerful tool to guide and manage your teams to being even more effective.
We use a HR software system that helps you do just that, including:
- Recording each training session undertaken.
- Detailing and training costs and the training provider.
- Recording CPD points.
- Diarising for any refresher training or renewals needed.
- Recording formal results.
If you would like more information on our HR software and how this can help, then please call Amy on 0844 8797286 to arrange a demo.
Back to News