Why you can

Most people will have heard of the Workplace Pension by now. According to the Department for Work and Pensions, over 7 million have already been enrolled onto the scheme by their employers. If you employ staff, even just one or two, it is time to act to make sure eligible workers are enrolled. It is not just businesses that are affected. Anyone who employs someone to work for them for directly, such as a nanny or cleaner, is required to make sure applicable workers are enrolled by October this year.

So when does automatic enrolment apply?

 Employees should be enrolled if:

-They are not enrolled in workplace pension scheme already

-They are between 22 years old and the State Pension age

-They earn more than £10,000 per year

-They work in the UK

What is required?

They are minimum contribution rates for both employers and employees, which will rise incrementally over the next few years. Before April 5 2018, the minimum contribution an employer can make is 1% with worker contribution also set at 1%. For the following tax year (April 6 2018 – April 5 2019), the amount will increase to 2% for employers and 3% for members of staff. Then from April 6 2019 onwards the contribution rises to 3% and 5% respectively, meaning a combined overall minimum of 8%.

If you are one of the many businesses or employers who do not currently have a workplace pension scheme up and running it is important to start thinking about this. Setting up the system can be time consuming as well as costly, so it is necessary to start taking the steps towards implementing now, rather than putting it off any longer.

To find out more about the Workplace Pension could mean for your business in Leeds simply call 0844 879 7286 to speak to one of our friendly team.

 

Back to News

Testimonials

Northern Accountants

Sarah and the team at Quest have provided us HR support since January 2013.

Quest Consulting Services provided us with a comprehensive employment structure with contacts and a handbook and have been on hand to help me deal with the occasional issue I have faced with team members through their telephone support service.

As our personal Consultant, Sarah provides a quality, professional and complete service which is great value for money.

Northern Accountants

Off Limits Corporate Events

Sarah has transformed our HR and has introduced systems that have taken lots of hassle away from staffing issues within our company.

We have worked with Sarah and her team for 5 years and in this time our business has grown considerably. With telephone support available for all our Managers as they need it plus Sarah and her team proactively keeping us updated on changes in legislation we are reassured that we are in safe hands.

The HR software that Quest implemented also helps us keep on top of the routine aspects of HR such as holiday bookings, recording absence, holding personnel records which then allows Sarah and her team easy access to give us relevant advice.

Our Managers have also benefited from workshops run by Sarah to help develop their skills on handling issues such as disciplinary, appraisals, recruitment etc….

The support of Quest is invaluable and provides a much more cost effective solution than employing a HR Manager in house.

Off Limits Corporate Events

10 Associates

Why would anybody NOT have Sarah working 'alongside' their business?

I've known Sarah for many years and she's always been there for me and the business when her wealth of knowledge has been called upon.

We have used Sarah and her team to handle our contracts, handbook and Health & Safety and they are readily available on the telephone when needed or on site at our premises.

Highly recommended.

10 Associates

Facebook Posts

Latest Tweets

Latest News

Do you have contractors on your premises?   Do you have contractors working for you? This could be an electrician, gas engineer, roofer,...

Read more >