September is a key time for employees returning to the workplace from lockdown, furlough and the effects of COVID-19.
Or is it?
Has the last six months created more opportunities to work from home and is this the new norm for many? In this week’s Ask the Expert we focused on homeworking and the implications on directors and teams. As well as Quest's MD and HR Director, Sarah Birkenshaw, answering questions on fair and safe homeworking, we spoke to experts Paul Coates, Director at McCarron Coates, Ryan Fraser Director at Redefined Group and Michael Harle, Director at Northern Accountants. We looked at insurance liability, equipment responsibilities, finance implications and tax relief for employers and employees, including:
- Applications, policies and processes for those requesting flexible or permanent homeworking
- Health, safety and insurance implications for those working outside of the workplace
- Confidentiality, security and data protection management (and what to do when things go wrong)
- Responsibility around equipment, furniture and the environment – who foots the bill?
- Expenses, tax incentives and financial planning as restructuring the business continues
Grab a coffee and enjoy Quest’s Ask the Expert, designed to help you Fast Forward with stronger, safer teams.
Click on the link to watch the video:
Homeworkers - what employers must do legally, logistically and financially
Thank you to Paul, Ryan and Michael who took time out to help answer a number of questions around homeworking. For more details from our brilliant ATE team, you can contact each one direct on:
Paul Coates, McCarron Coates - 0113 298 3489
Ryan Fraser, Redefined Group - 0333 323 1949.
Michael Harle, Northern Accountants - 0113 218 9552
Need an Expert?
If you have topics you would like us to cover, let us know and we’ll add to our list of Ask the Expert sessions for October and November. All part of our Fast Forward Action Plans for Quest clients.
Get in touch with our HR and H&S team on 0844 879 7286.
Back to News