Planning to Recruit in 2019?
Many businesses at this time of year are planning for their 2019 and considering what they need to have in place in order to deliver a more successful year. One key element to these plans will undoubtedly be staff yet we see repeated year after year costly mistakes being made in the recruitment process that businesses pay for in terms of efficiency, results and morale in their business.
So how do you avoid these pitfalls in 2019?
- Start by having a clear job description that sets out the role you have identified and the gaps this needs to fill in your business.
- Consider what skills and attributes / experience the ideal candidate would have.
- Don’t make the mistake of making a job fit the person – find the right person for the job!
- Advertise and promote your vacancy in the right place.
- Shortlist for your vacancy based on the job description you have written.
- Prepare interview questions, don’t leave it to chance or have a ‘chat’ at the interview.
- At your interview the candidate should be doing more of the talking, its not for you to ‘sell your business.
- Don’t be afraid of bringing back for a 2nd interview – make sure the decision is the right one for you.
We are often asked to support small – medium sized businesses throughout this process as often recruitment (especially the interview stages) is not something they are confident in.
We are happy to help with:
- Writing job descriptions
- Advertising your vacancy through a selection of online job boards
- Helping sift through applications to get those real gems
- Preparing interview questions to highlight competencies and skills
- Attending to support or conduct interviews
- Writing 2nd interview briefs
- Making job offers to the successful applicant
- Providing feedback to unsuccessful candidates
You don’t have to tackle this on your own, tap into as little or as much support as you may need with our flexible service.
For more information on recruiting, or to book a Free Review, call on 0844 8797286.
Back to News